****Questions regarding graduation announcements and regalia should be directed to Jostens at 800-854-7464.
The University of Kansas holds one commencement ceremony each spring. This event is coordinated by the office of Event Management and Protocol on behalf of the Office of the Chancellor.
The 145th commencement will be held Sunday, May 14, 2017, beginning at 10:30 am (CDT) in Memorial Stadium.
The ceremony lasts approximately 2 hours in length. At 10:30 a.m., graduates begin the traditional “walk down the Hill”, followed by a program and the conferral of degrees by Chancellor Bernadette Gray-Little.
Several honorary degrees will be presented during commencement (awardees to be announced in January 2017).
Special Notes for the Commencement ceremony:
- Parking is plentiful and complimentary.
- Tickets are not required and there is no registration for the ceremony.
- Degree candidates for spring 2017 and those who received degrees in summer or fall 2016 are eligible to participate.
- Graduates do not walk across a stage, nor are names read.
- Guests who are unable to attend may view the Webcast via live streaming.
The Schools and the College of Liberal Arts and Sciences (CLAS), including some departments within the CLAS hold recognition events in advance of commencement. Please refer to the "Events Calendar" box for the spring schedule (to be finalized by December 1) and direct questions to your respective school or department to determine eligibility or other logistical questions. Fall events are accessible via the "Fall Events" tab.
View KU's Flickr album of the 2016 Commencement celebration.