The University of Kansas holds one commencement ceremony each spring. This event is coordinated by the Office of Event Management and Protocol on behalf of the Office of the Chancellor.
Commencement will be held, Sunday, May 15, 2016, beginning at 10:30 am (CDT) in Memorial Stadium.
The ceremony is approximately 2 hours in length. Beginning at 10:30, graduates will participate in the traditional “walk down the hill”, followed by a program culminating in the conferral of degrees by Chancellor Bernadette Gray-Little.
Two honorary degrees will be presented during commencement, Terry Evans, Doctor of Arts and Brian McClendon, Doctor of Science.
Special Notes for the Commencement ceremony:
- Parking is plentiful and complimentary;
- Tickets are not required;
- Degree candidates for spring 2016 and those who received degrees in summer or fall 2015 are eligible to participate;
- Graduates do not walk across a stage, nor are names read.
- Webcast – guests who are unable to attend may view via live streaming
The Schools and the College of Liberal Arts and Sciences (CLAS), including some departments within the CLAS hold recognition events in advance of commencement. Please refer to the EVENTS TAB for a schedule (time and location) and direct questions to your respective school or department to determine eligibility or other logistical questions.
View KU's Flickr album of the 2015 Commencement celebration.