Accessibility (Graduates and Guests)
The following information is provided to help you and your family plan your visit to the University of Kansas.
Graduates with mobility concerns or special needs are encouraged to participate in KU recognition and Commencement ceremonies. Arrangements must be made by April 29, 2019.
Graduates contact: Academic Achievement & Access Center
785.864.4064 (Voice / TDD)
Services are available to those attending the college, school and/or departmental ceremonies who may require specific accommodations based on a disability. These services vary depending upon the specific venue in which the ceremony will be held. Those with need of services are asked to contact the college, school or department directly by April 29, 2019.
Parking (SEE PARKING /TRANSIT)
- David Booth Kansas Memorial Stadium (SEE MEMORIAL STADIUM)
- Kansas Union (SEE HOSPITALITY)
- Memorial Drive - Portable toilets (including accessible access) are located on Memorial Drive (east and west areas)
Shuttles / Transit (SEE PARKING /TRANSIT)
Walking on Campus
Walking access to Memorial Stadium from Jayhawk Boulevard:
- To avoid stairs between Jayhawk Boulevard and Memorial Stadium, use the posted entrance to Snow Hall off Jayhawk Boulevard and take the elevator from level 3 to level 1 to reach the Memorial Campanile on Memorial Drive.
From the Memorial Campanile:
- As you face Memorial Stadium, the path to the west (left) provides the most direct path without stairs.
Walking access from Sunnyside Avenue to Jayhawk Boulevard: (Follow: HAWK ROUTE)
- From Sunnyside, travel through Dole Human Development Center, Haworth Hall, Malott Hall, Anschutz Science Library, Budig Hall to Jayhawk Boulevard
*Please note: All campus academic buildings will be closed Commencement weekend, other than those listed above and holding events.
- Parking (SEE PARKING / TRANSIT)
- Memorial Stadium Seating (SEE MEMORIAL STADIUM)
- Restrooms (SEE MEMORIAL STADIUM / KANSAS UNION)
Commencement / Memorial Stadium
Reserved seating for guests using sign language interpreter services will be available in the west side of the stadium, sections 5 and 6, rows 29-33. A sign language interpreter will also be present on the platform during the Commencement ceremony.
Captioning: The live broadcast of the ceremony will be available in the Kansas Union Traditions Area (4th Floor) and the live stream will be captioned. A “WEBCAST” of the Commencement ceremony is available on the Commencement website for live, online viewing the day of Commencement. There are no DVDs or downloadable copies available for purchase.
Programs – Requests for printed programs prepared with large print or Braille need to be made by April 23, 2018. Email: email@example.com