Memorial Stadium / The Hill
Gates to Memorial Stadium will open at 9 a.m. Tickets are NOT required for the Commencement ceremony, and there is no limit on how many guests may attend.
Reminder: Some school and department recognition events / ceremonies in other venues may require tickets. Students are responsible for making arrangements for tickets with their school or departments. See Schedule of Events.
Guests may sit on the east or west sides or in the top half of the north bowl area of Memorial Stadium. The procession of graduates and the ceremony will be shown on the large video board at the stadium's south end. Restrooms are on the concourse level.
Note: Guests may not cross the procession line once the walk down the Hill begins.
For your comfort:
- Dress for the weather
- Hats, visors, and sunblock are recommended
- Limited concessions will be available for purchase
For your safety, everyone attending the ceremony in Memorial Stadium is asked to observe these public safety guidelines:
- Alcohol - Consumption of all alcoholic and cereal malt beverages on campus is strictly prohibited during the Commencement ceremony.
- Weapons and Explosives - Possession of weapons and explosives of any kind, including concealed firearms and fireworks, is strictly prohibited on the KU campus.
Aisles and sidewalks leading to and inside the seating area in the stadium must be kept clear of obstacles. Besides prohibitions on the possession of alcohol and weapons, these items are not permitted inside the stadium:
- Animals (except service animals)
- Glass bottles, metal cans, and coolers (except for guests with special medical or dietary needs)
- Horns, whistles, boom boxes, or other noisemakers that create a nuisance or disturbance
- Laser pointers
- Objects that obstruct another person's view of the ceremony (Use of umbrellas is not restricted, but those who use an umbrella are asked to be considerate of those around and behind them.)
- Strollers and bikes
Paramedics and an ambulance will be available at Memorial Stadium beginning at 9 a.m. The medical aid station is in the southeast corner of the stadium, in the inner concourse at Section 23. Fire and medical units will be in the stands on the east and west sides of the stadium and in the north bowl.