The University of Kansas holds one commencement ceremony each spring. The Office of Event Management and Protocol coordinates the logistical arrangements on behalf of the Office of the Chancellor.
The date for Commencement 2018 is Sunday, May 13, and begins at 10:30 a.m. (CDT) in Memorial Stadium. The ceremony is approximately two hours in length. Graduates will begin the traditional “walk down the Hill” beginning at 10:30 a.m., followed by the program culminating in the conferral of degrees by Chancellor Douglas A. Girod.
Special Notes for the Commencement ceremony:
- Parking is plentiful and complimentary;
- Tickets are not required for guests and there are no graduate fees;
- Degree candidates for spring 2018 and those who received degrees in summer or fall 2017 are encouraged to participate;
- Graduates do not walk across a stage, nor are names read or diplomas presented.
- Webcast – guests who are unable to attend may view via live streaming
Ceremonies such as, Graduate Hooding, school, department and special program recognitions are scheduled in advance of Commencement. ROTC Commissioning ceremonies are conducted following the conferral of degrees after Commencement. Please refer to the “Events” tab to determine time and location. Students with questions regarding logistics or eligibility should contact their school or department directly.